Regional Assessment Service

previous arrow
next arrow

Regional Assessment Services

The Aboriginal Advancement League has a Regional Assessment Service that provides assessments for the Aboriginal Community that is culturally safe and appropriate for our elders.
The aim of Regional Assessment Service is to ensure the services respond to clients and careers needs and support them in retaining or regaining skills that enable them to continue living independently at home and in their community.
AAL RAS catchment area is Northern Area which includes 7 districts; Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland, Nillumbik Whittlesea and Yarra.
RAS Assessments are low needs entry level only; RAS can refer Elders to these services once an assessment has been completed.

  • Domestic Task like; cleaning, washing, hanging out clothes, personal care, meal preparation, Transport to medical appointments.
  • Shopping Support like; transport to and from shopping centre, helping our elders reach high or low food products on shelves, unpacking groceries once home,
  • Home Maintenance Support like; mowing lawns, weeding, pruning, changing light bulbs, checking batteries in smoke alarms.
  • Referrals to Allied and Therapy Services like; Chiropractor, Dietitian, Physiologist, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist – Prepare, dispense and manufacture medicines and advise on their appropriate use, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist , Psychologist , Aboriginal Access and Support Worker – Helps people deal with personal and social issues through counselling, community engagement, advocacy and various programmes, Speech Pathologist – Assess and treat patients who have a communication disability. Speech pathologists may also work with patients who have trouble swallowing.
  • Assess for a Safety Fall Alarm: If an elder is at high risk of having falls in their home and they live alone or if regular falls has occurred.
  • Referral to local council for Meals on Wheels if our elders are having difficulty cooking regular healthy nutritious meals and are losing weight or gaining weight unintentionally.


Elders must be registered with My Aged Care before an assessment can occur.

Please call My Aged Care if you or a family member is needing support on 1800 200 422

Skip to content